Wednesday, July 02, 2008

This Sucks . . . .

Fellow Canuckistanian RossK at The Gazetteer turned us on to her blog, and we've always loved Frances Bula's (fabula) writing in The Vancouver Sun.

So, this morning's news on her blog hit us like a ton of bricks.

From Frances' blog post today:

A short goodbye




Dear all of my blog-readers, This will be my last post on this Vancouver Sun blog, as I have resigned from the paper.

I wanted to tell all of you, as I go, how much I have enjoyed this new form of telling you the news and how great it has been to interact in a completely different way with a crowd of intelligent, engaged and well-informed people. I don’t want to say “readers,” because that implies you are passive and the thing I love about the blog is that you’re not – you post comments and email and phone and let me know in person about other information I should have or your critiques of what I’ve written – so it’s more like a conversation where you learn from me and I learn from you.


_______________


As for me, I will be continuing with other forms of journalism, including blogging, but, unless there’s an unforeseeable turn in my life in the next few years, I won’t be embedded in a daily-news operation any more as I have been for the last 25 years of my life.

Thank you so much for being a great audience and I’ll see you elsewhere.


We're gonna miss you, Frances.

As the post title above states:

"This sucks . . . .
"

No comments: