Friday, July 31, 2009

Oy Vey . . . .

A trip south of the 49th to the United States of Expensive Health Care was required due to some still-retained properties in Florida.

While here, between accomplishing some outside chores in the 90+F (32+C) heat and matching humidity, I dash in to the air-conditioned comfort of the house for a break periodically. I flip the TV on to check on the local news, weather, etc. Typically, the ads on TV here are mainly promoting the wonder drug du jour to fix your restless leg, fungus-infected toe nail or limp penis. To my surprise (?) the past couple of days the local television station has been running nearly non-stop advertisements for the "Gun and Knife Show" that is to be held this weekend. Please note how they cater to the "ladies."

Can I go home to Vancouver now, please ? ? ? ?


3 comments:

Vancouver real estate agent said...

This is hilarious, you totally made my day. But really, I do feel sorry for you, Vancouver is simply the best, isn't it?

Have a great day,
Jay

West End Bob said...

And you, Jay . . . .

Vancouver Isle Doug said...

LOVE the picture! Yup, my recent visit South, the first in almost 2 years, proved to be quite the eye opener! I was seeing things VERY differently, that's for sure.