Thursday, November 09, 2006

Time to Get Up . . . .

So, after spending most of yesterday in transit from Florida to our future home in the West End I was tired last night. Three flights through Houston, Portland and then on to Vancouver had taken their toll. Can't complain much, though, as it was a Continental frequent flyer "freebie" . . . .

So went to bed early - 9:00 pm local time, 11:00 pm our time in Florida . . . . Rolled over this morning and checked the bedside clock which read 5:36 am. Not bad, I thought, that's an hour longer than I would have slept if I were in Florida so I get up to greet the day. Flip on the TV and there's not much on this early . . . . Crank up the laptop and surf for about an hour . . . . It's still extremely dark out . . . . . Finally figure out that the bedside clock was still registering Daylight Time rather than the new and improved Standard Time. You got it: I got up at my regular rising time in Florida which just happened to be 4:36 am local time . . . . . .Arggggh!!


2 comments:

Tom said...

LOL You hurt my brain with that one!

West End Bob said...

Glad you got a chuckle, Tom . . . Doing much better on the time zone thing today.