Wednesday, August 08, 2007

"I'm Baaaccckkkkk ! ! ! !"

Four weeks after departing from Florida I'm back "home" with the Four-Legged-Child. It was great to see her and our friends "Honey" - who retrieved me from the airport - and "Boopster" - who kept the FLC company while we were both absent the premises. Other than that, though, the HH (Heat & Humidity) of "home" was not so pleasant. "drf" and I spoke this am and at the time it was a balmy 93 F here, while in Vancouver where "drf" remains a 66 F was registered. I'm sure when later today a temperature of 100 F with a heat index of 110 F is expected, I will look back fondly at the 93 F.

The trip back was uneventful, but the "red-eye" Continental flight was completely full - not conducive to catching a few winks. Also, there was a nice (?) 4-hour layover in Houston prior to returning to Florida. Since my ticket was a "freebie" frequent flyer redemption I guess I can't complain too much. (Especially due to my expressing displeasure at a previous Continental flight and receiving "shut the bitch up" President's Club passes which I redeemed!)

Speaking of bitching, I've got to write a letter to our local rinky-dink airport's manager. We have four, count 'em, four gates that are occupied at this airport throughout the day. Needless to say, the times that all gates are occupied is very minimal. Why, then, does it take an average of 30 minutes after the plane pulls up to the gate to get the damn bags to baggage claim? Basically all of the flights in and out of here go through one of the larger hubs that are an hour to an hour and a half flight. The thirty minutes at the local airport on the ground is a big portion of the total travel time. Why am I telling you my complaints?!? Sounds like being back in the good 'ole USA is not so good for my disposition.

Got to go now while I'm still steamed . . . . .

No comments: